September 17, 2005

Monkeys...elephants...whatever

Okay, I'm done with surgery and I'm feeling exceptionally well. I just want to first off, apologize for not being able to answer a lot of phone calls - with the pressure, I have short breaths and it's really tough to talk. I know, you all wish you were around to witness me NOT talking! I've never had an elephant sit on me, but if it were to happen, I would think that it would feel like this.

The surgery went well. I got in at 7, got my anesthesia and three hours later, woke up ready to go home. I hope I'm not jinxing it, but I didn't get sick, haven't had trouble eating (have I ever had trouble eating?) and have been up and about - using my arms and everything. I want to thank my Dad for being a trooper. (oh my gosh, I feel like I'm giving some sort of acceptance speech - Love, Lauren) But really, I'll quit with the inside jokes. Dad and I left at 6:15 this morning, he took off work for like the ENTIRE time I'm here and he's taken care of me even though it's probably pretty weird for him. Then, thank you Chris for coming over and relieving him and letting him get to the boat. I'm sure he appreciates it. Chris brought over a bunch of goodies for me today too. What great friends and family I have!

So, I have a pain pump on for the next three days that slowly drips pain meds...I'll take that out on Monday and should be up and running again. Well, maybe not running but, at least up and at 'em! Until tomorrow!