April 25, 2007

I made her cry

So, I was at the commissary today (on-post grocery store) and I had Lorelai in the Baby Bjorn. Long story short, the cashier noticed that I was having a hard time getting around with her and the cart, so she came out and emptied my entire cart onto the belt. I've never had this kind of service there...or any grocery store, for that matter. I thought that was very nice. Not to mention, she was young and had blue hair. No offense, because I'm a fan of blue hair, but I wasn't expecting that kind of action from her. Anyway, I gave her a $5 bill and thanked her for helping me out and she eyes welled up with tears. Maybe that was just what she needed today, who knows!

Lorelai is loving her rice cereal. She thinks it's REALLY fun to spit it at me when she's done. I am loving that! She and I both have to wear a bib!

Okay, I wasn't going to post about this, but I will. Accountability. Last week was my first week on Weight Watchers. I was STARRRRVING the entire week. However, I think I've figured out why. I surely didn't drink enough water, so I'm fixing that. I also snacked on stuff that was within my points range, but not exactly healthy. So, I'm fixing that too. I weighed in last night and lost only 6 ounces. SIX OUNCES!? Who loses six ounces!? Oh well, at least it wasn't a gain. I was hoping for more, but I'm sure that slow and steady, I should win the race anyway. I found a lot of great things at the commissary today, so I'm hoping for a pound next week. We shall see.

Last, but not least, JD is jumping tonight. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that he has to go in to work 12 hours before his jump. Whatever, he's excited, because he'll be getting his "Star." For those of you who are non-military, that means that he'll have 30 jumps. That's a lot! You should know that the jumping they do isn't like skydiving. When skydiving, you jump at about 13,000 feet and coast all the way or most of the way down. When jumping out of their aircraft, our soldiers are jumping out at 800 feet (yeah, there are only two zeroes there) and the landing is very hard. They hit feet, knees, hips, and then shoulders....and roll. I couldn't imagine. JD has had several bad landings (due to weather conditions), but only one resulting in a concussion. It's a late night jump tonight, so keep him and the other soldiers in your prayers!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel...don't get discouraged by the 6 oz. loss. Like you said...it's better than a gain. No, I don't know you, but I can tell by you're blogs that you are a very determined person, and hard worker. I just started WW (again) on Tuesday, and it's really hard to get used to changing your portion sizes and still feel satisfied. Have you thought about doing the Core plan instead of the Flex plan? That might be better for you if you get hungry. 94% FF popcorn is also great because it's low points.

Anyway...I just wanted to say that you CAN do it...and it will get easier every day!! It seems like you have a great support system. Keep up the great work!!

~SSR (aka - Sarah G.)

bauer zoo said...

it is amazing how kind strangers can be.
former ssr
amy

bauer zoo said...

i am such a ditz sometimes, how is jd? said some prayers for you guys. (and all of them overseas)
amy

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Sara G. I'm doing much better this week (well, the last two days). I'm learning how to make myself feel satisfied with different foods. I eat the CRAP out of the popcorn! Thank God for that stuff!

Amy - you need to change your screen name to Bauer Zoo too! And quit logging in anonymously, that way others can link to your blog....well, maybe you don't want them to...never mind. Do you want any SSRs?? :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi saw your comment on xanga about moving to Tx. I won't lie it gets hot. But you learn.....what you can & can't do in this kind of heat.Us TX. love to mess w/ your minds because we still think of ourselves as a People. Like when someone says they're Irish or German, we're TEXAN & we wink & a smile at the idea we could still be our own country. So don't sweat it you'll learn & if you go back to wild4surfings site you'll see when you read mine"made2sing4Jesus" don't try walking to the store in that kind of heat & humidty. Well nice dropping in ,is this a private blog or is it like xanga,never been here before. =D Have a nice Day! Made2sing4Jesus - Kris

bauer zoo said...

ok, happy now? i changed my name for you. (lol) atleast i think i did it? that was what you meant right? secretly i wish i was a techno-geek. (don't tell anyone though:)

Anonymous said...

I want a SSR!!

Anonymous said...

Oh and that was really sad/sweet about the cashier.. maybe she truly saw that you were genuine in your appreciation..

Anonymous said...

Oh, and was that James in the picture of the guy with the old bdu's? JD knows what I'm talking about!!

Anonymous said...

Am I one of your SSRs?