Cherry Blossom Festival Checklist
1. pack but forget to bring the zoom lens ... check
2. take only 13 pictures all weekend ... check
3. take only one photo of yourself ... check
4. take only ONE photo of a Cherry Blossom - the very reason you WENT to DC this weekend ... check
5. plan to capture Lorelai's precious face as she rides the "train" for the first time, but make sure to forget to charge even ONE of the two batteries for the video camera ... check
Here are all 13 photos.
Lorelai, Daddy and the Washington Monument.
Not sure what was so exciting here, but it was during the CBF Parade.
It wasn't until I took a two-year-old that I realized how SLOW parades really are!
Lorelai pretty much freaked out when she saw Elmo.
The lone Cherry Blossom photo.
Vietnam Veterans' Memorial
The White House
This was the best shot I could get. There were thousands of people
trying to take pictures and people were loitering .... taking hundreds of photos.
There was NOBODY on the lawn. The building didn't move. WHY oh WHY do
they have to stand there for SO long!?
Lorelai and the White House
Uh oh, before we leave, I need a picture of me ....say cheeeeeese!
When getting on the metro she cups her hands around her mouth and yells "all abooooaaard the choo choo train....come on, follow me!"
When JD got off the elevator at the hotel, she ran down the hall, gave him a big hug around his legs and proclaimed.... "Daddy, I'm so proud of you!"
I was reaching across Lorelai (in her carseat) and she threw her arms around me and said "Mommy..... a my best friend."
The weekend was fun and exhausting and we can't wait to go back. Not bad for a 2 1/2 hour drive!