I know, I know, it's been a month.
You're surprised I'm updating.
And now you're making me feel pressured to come up with something witty and entertaining to post about.
I'm totally not going to quench your thirst with anything too terribly exciting, but I did want to at least update. Mainly to tell y'all thank you for sticking with me, even though I'm boring and don't post. I haven't lost a single "follower" on my list. That's pretty crazy. Thank you!
So, a lot has happened over the last month. I'm going to cheat and do the whole bullet-point update. This will alleviate the stress I'm putting on myself to update with 20 different posts for you. It will also get us a little more caught up, because I can't promise it won't be another month before I post again.
* I'm still on Body for Life. It's not working like it did ten years ago. But then again, I was ten years younger then. BUT, I believe something in my body is fighting against me. I'm getting to the bottom of it after many doctors appointments with some good doctors, some un-good doctors. I'll update more on this later.
* Lorelai and I drove to Tennessee to meet my Dad at a cabin in Pigeon Forge. We hung out, did all the sight-seeing stuff, and had a great time just hanging out. Lorelai got to ride in a helicopter for the first time. We just might have a thrill-seeker on our hands! I have some awesome pictures to share of this trip, and will probably do that on my Facebook. Oh, you don't have me as a friend on Facebook? Where have you been!? ADD ME!
* As soon as we got back from Tennessee, we welcomed our first round of house guests for the summer, the Andersons. We went to the beach, Busch Gardens (taking two-year-olds on rides that aren't made for two-year-olds) and Colonial Williamsburg with them. We also hung out and let the girls spend some quality time together. We got to see (with the newest addition to the Anderson family) that Lorelai really needs to be a big sister. She was SO cute with "baby Mia," it made me cry. Sorry that I don't have more pictures, but I just need to get through this post, then possibly I'll do a photo slideshow later.
* The day the Andersons left, JD's parents showed up. I wasn't sure how the back-to-back visitors would pan out, but it was EXTREMELY relaxing and fun! I really didn't have any stress about it when it happened. That's pretty sweet! So, the inlaws were a lot of fun. We went to the beach, ate out, planted herbs, played cards and laughed a lot. Oh yeah, and pretty much the only pictures we took were unflattering "journalistic" shots of one another.
* The day the inlaws left, our friends, the Krynicki's showed up. They're moving to Hawaii soon and totally went out of their way to come and spend 24 hours with us. I can't say enough how happy I was that they chose to come spend time with us! We only had a small amount of time to hang out, but we filled it with food, play grounds and reminiscing. JD had never met Alayna, their ADORABLE one-year-old. Once again, Lorelai proved that being a big sister is in her future. She tried SO hard to teach Alayna how to walk by dragging her by the arm and saying "come on, baby Wayna, I show you how to walk. No worry, I walk swowly." Alayna didn't walk....until about 7 hours after they left. Dang it. I didn't take a single picture while they were here. They did...but I still need to get them from them. However, I ganked this one off her blog!!
* After all the dust settled from our wonderful visitor-streak, it was time for Lorelai's first dentist appointment. Suffice it to say by the first photo...she wasn't too worried. She's pretty easy-going as long as I explain to her what to expect. She was awesome! When the dentist was done, she exclaimed "thank you, thank you, I WUV da dentist!!"
* Next week, we will be on a flight back to St. Louis to visit with family and friends. I have a good friend getting married, and I'll be going sans kiddo. I'm not sure if I will be able to handle all that EXCITEMENT! No, really....I'm being serious.
So, that's about it right now. Do we feel all caught up now? Will you stick around until my next post? I sure hope so!
Miss you, love you, mean it!