May 23, 2010

Lorelai had her first dance recital. She is attending a Christian dance studio, so the costumes are modest and they dance to Christian music. I am super pleased about that. I don't have to have the "the booty-shaking dancing isn't appropriate for our house" talk yet.

Lorelai and her friend Natalie go to class together. They both love it. Natalie is a great student. She follows directions. Smiles. Uses manners. It's so sweet. Lorelai? Well, she follows directions, when she wants to. Smiles, when she feels like it. Uses manners occasionally...after scowling at the teacher. But snow angels, kissing the mirror, hanging from the barre? Yeah, she's got those down PAT!

But obviously she learned something, because at her recital rehearsal she did the entire dance!!

However, at the recital....well....she got sidetracked by shiny objects. The shiny objects were her family and PEYTON!

You'll see in the video that Peyton is calling to Lorelai. When Lorelai finally realizes it's Peyton, she REALLY wants her teachers to listen to her that "PEYTON IS HERE!" I'm pretty shocked she didn't get out of her dance space to make someone listen.

Sorry about the shakiness. I didn't realize I was going to be laughing and crying that I would need a tripod.

Enjoy.



I'll share some of her rehearsal later too.





post signature

8 comments:

BreAnna Fowler said...

What a sweet little ballerina you have!!! I saw the video on FB yesterday and it was so fun. I'm thinking I may need to enroll Disaster Danielle! Who could pass up the little tutus?

Mixed Up Chromosomes said...

Love it love it love it!!! Lorelai is definitely a spunky little one, Victoria is beginning to assert her independence!!!

Lori said...

Oh.my.goodness, hysterical! She has the "ta-da!" down pat. So cute.

Baby Kry said...

I LOVED IT!!!!

Ashley said...

That was awesome! I love the pose at the end with the arms spread wide looking up. So adorable!

Kallie said...

Mike and I are totally laughing our heads off over here!!! That was so funny! Thanks for sharing!!!

Joey Fortman said...

Oh. My. Gosh! I seriously have not laughed so hard in so long! you HAVE to submit that to something! When that girl next to her was all focused the entire time-and then YANKED her hand from Lorolei... I laughed so hard. Thanks for sharing!

stacia mikele said...

Literally, I laughed so hard I cried, for like a whole minute she kept pointing at you guys, til the one girl next to her practically pushed her to go because they were doing the circle dance. That was awesome, she does have the arms up V motion down pat it seems. So fun!!