March 22, 2012

A little over a year old...

What's a little over a year old, you ask?  The last time I blogged?  The last time someone was interested in my blog?  Probably both.

As I sit here, enjoying "quiet time at the house (Emerson sleeping, Lorelai watching a cartoon), I realize I've reached the end of my computer duties for the day and I'm tempted to blog.  I look into my old posts and realized a YEAR ago, I uploaded pictures of a project and never hit "publish."  So, without telling you what I've been up to since the last time I got off my lazy butt and blogged, I'm just going to hit "publish" on this old cobweby post.

I purchased a few night stands at a local used furniture store for $20 each.  Much to my surprise, they turned out to be Drexel Heritage pieces.  Drexel doesn't put their prices online, so you know they're a tad pricey.  But well-made nightstands at a VERY discounted price - I'm IN!!!

Here's what they looked like.


I added a coat of primer and two coats of robin's egg blue paint I found in the "oops" pile at Lowes. 

I then distressed it where I felt it appropriate, and painted on a dark walnut stain, while wiping off with a wet rag to get a desired "aged" look.

 
It was the first time I had done a project like this.  Aside from finding a drawer pull big enough to fill the holes, so I don't have to, this project is done and I'm pretty sure Lorelai likes them. 

Phew.  THERE , I did it!!!!  YAY!!!  See y'all again in six months or so.  ;-) I hope I'm kidding.
Photobucket

1 comment:

The Phillips Place said...

Nice job! Thank you for finally showing them to us haha! (Because I have, um, a TON of room to talk...)