May 14, 2006

Is it true?

Yes, yes it's true! JD and I are finally pregnant! After two years of trying, one year of JD in Afghanistan and many "why-don't-I-fit-in-my-clothes-anymore" moments, we've figured it out. My estimated due date is December 10th, 2006.

I hear it from almost every woman who has had a child before, there is no "we" in "I'm pregnant." But, I'm not sure I'll stop saying it any time soon. JD is the one who got me here and he is taking very good care of me.

I have been very blessed to not have morning sickness. Although, I cringe while I write this, because it could start anytime, I'm sure. I'm about 11 weeks along and just enjoying it. I'm tired all the time and forget EVERYTHING, but other than that, I feel pretty good! I'll be documenting my pregnancy as time goes on. I thought at first that I shouldn't do it on this site and maybe start another blog, but then realized that I probably only have one guy who reads my blog and that is my Dad. And, Grandpa (as he wants to be called from this day forward), would like to know everything (within reason) that is going on throughout the pregnancy.

I could be in line for twins, which is a tad scary, but exciting, nonetheless. My grandmother had nine kids, seven separately and one set of twins (my Dad) and she made it through. THEN, my friend Jason called me, not knowing that I was pregnant to share with me a dream he had the other day. Seems like in his dream, I gave birth to triplets. WHAT!? Then I told him I was pregnant and he was like, "how strange - wonder if you're pregnant with triplets?" So, now I'm petrified! I am planning on going in tomorrow and getting an ultrasound from Leeza's husband. I just need to make sure there isn't more than one in there!

Here's the deal, though - if there is more than one, we will find out the sexes. If there is only one, JD and I have agreed to not find out the sex. He still thinks he can talk me into finding out if there is one, but we'll see about that. I'm pretty patient!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so bad, I should have called and wished you a Happy Mother's Day yesterday. I guess I can tell Angie that the cat is offically out of the bag and she no longer has to hold her tongue. It wasn't me this time that spilled the beans, it was Marissa.

Piece of Pie!