April 18, 2007

I joined the cult....

I did it. I joined the cult that is Weight Watchers. Yep. I debated not saying anything to anyone, but putting it out there online gives me more accountability.

I'm not used to being the size I am. When JD and I got married and moved away, I gained a lot of weight because of depression. No, not because I got married, ha ha! It was because of the move. I got over the depression, but the weight stayed.

Then I got pregnant. I gained 28 pounds. No big deal, right? Well, at first it all came off. The day I stopped breastfeeding, I gained it all back. Ok, maybe not THAT day, but soon thereafter.

Needless to say, there is a bunch of extra weight - around at least 50 pounds that needs to be shed.

So - have any of you been on Weight Watchers or know someone who has? Have any success stories to share?

Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Rachel! I am doing it now...WW at work...lost 8 pounds in 8 weeks but haven't lost anything in the last 4 weeks...could be all the weekend drinking a late night pizza...but it really works!!!Keep me posted!

Anonymous said...

You can do it! Count those points. Here's 2 YUMMY things that are only 1 point each that I'm sure you will love.

Low fat cinnamon graham crackers with non-fat/low fat cool whip. Spread the cool whip in between the graham crackers like an ice cream sandwich and freeze for a few hours. YUMMY and only 1 point.

cinnamon rolls. Buy the package of low fat crescent rolls, unroll each triangle and spread with Hershey's cinnamom chips (not a lot, just enough to lightly cover the triangle). Roll up big end to small end and bake as directed. The icing can be omitted or not, but it's just about 2 heaping tablespoons powdered sugar, splash of milk and splash of vanilla extract. i mean a SPLASH of milk or it gets too runny. 1 point!

Chad's parents lost a TON of weight doing this a few years ago, Chad's dad had to buy a whole new wardrobe practically! Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachel!! I was just searching through the blogs on here (new to blogging and trying to see what other people do) when I stumbled upon yours. I sent you a comment earlier today from a post you had back in February 2006 (you said for your phantom readers to leave you a post so that you'd know people were reading...although I am sure you didn't mean complete strangers) Don't worry...I promise, I'm completely normal...not a stalker. Hee hee :-)

Anyway (I promise I had a reason for writing)...My mom has worked for WW pretty much as long as I can remember, and I've done it a couple times (getting ready to start back tomorrow). Since you're kind of a newbie, here's a GREAT website for you to try out. If you already know about it then ignore me. It's www.dwlz.com (it stands for Dotty's Weight Loss Zone. The part I use in particular is the restaurants section. I think there are over 400 restaurants and all the points for those restaurants are on there. It's basically a WW dream! Best of luck!!

Sarah G.