May 18, 2007

100 Things About Me

I saw someone else's blog with this list, so I thought I'd share 100 things about me that you might or might not know ... or care to know ... about me.

1. I'm a Christian - lover and follower of Christ.
2. I'm a wife.
3. I'm a mother.
4. I was born on Valentine's Day.
5. No, that doesn't bother me, considering I don't know what it would be like to have a birthday on a non-holiday.
6. I'm allergic to dairy products.
7. I eat them anyway.
8. I wish people had little blurb bubbles over their heads telling me a little bit about themselves.
9. I was a dancer for almost 20 years.
10. I was 5'10" when I was 13.
11. I never grew any taller than that.
12. I don't have a college degree.
13. I don't say "I love you" to my family as much as I should.
14. If I did, they'd probably look at me funny.
15. That shouldn't stop me, though.
16. I am a natural blonde.
17. I don't like my food to touch on my plate.
18. I am a non-practicing neat freak.
19. If I like a pair of shoes, I buy them in four different colors.
20. Then I don't wear them.
21. I can wiggle my ears without touching them.
22. I can move each of my eyes independently of the other.
23. I don't like sleeping on my stomach (this came in handy while pregnant)
24. When there is a song I like, I listen to it over and over and over again until I have the lyrics down pat.
25. My husband hates that, as he's usually in the car when I'm trying to memorize a song.
26. I do it anyway.
27. I am right-handed, but play pool left-handed.
28. I'm 29 and already have some grey hair.
29. I don't like eating leftovers.
30. Unless it's pizza.
31. My nickname in school was Leggs.
32. I can juggle.
33. I just learned how to whistle a few years ago.
34. I love to have company over at the house all the time.
35. I was voted "Best Dancer" my senior year in high school.
36. I would have rather been voted "Best Dancer" than "Most Likely to Succeed." Sad, I know.
37. I used to play the flute.
38. I like to dip my french fries in vanilla ice cream.
39. I met my husband on the internet (Christian Cafe, if you're interested)
40. I like watching tornadoes (from a distance, of course).
41. I pranked called 911 when I was young to see what happened.
42. I got in trouble for it.
43. I never skipped school.
44. I wish I was a professional singer.
45. I wanted to be an orthodontist when I grew up.
46. I have a deep desire to help people.
47. I have always wanted to work with children with disabilities, but to this day, haven't.
48. The toilet paper MUST come from the back of the roll.
49. I'll change it if it's "wrong."
50. Even if I'm at someone else's house!
51. I abuse exclamation points when I'm typing.
52. I often start a new hobby or project and fail to finish it.
53. I plan on losing 50 pounds by the end of the year.
54. I have a severe fear of public speaking.
55. My job for the last five years has required excessive amounts of public speaking.
56. I believe I perform the best when I'm out of my comfort zone.
57. 57 is my favorite number.
58. I don't like talking on the phone.
59. I very rarely hold grudges.
60. I used to be a technical writer, writing manuals on embroidery machines at a Harley Davidson plant.
61. That was one of the most boring jobs I've ever had.
62. I don't like taking baths.
63. Mainly because I'm too tall for the tub.
64. I am a good liar (isn't that horrible!?)
65. You can still trust me, though (and that's not a lie!)
66. I used to be a florist.
67. I don't like flowers.
68. I was a pharmaceutical technician when I was 16.
69. I have a weird obsession with prisoners; I love to read the last statements of death row inmates.
70. I don't like scary movies.
71. I've bungee jumped twice.
72. I was not close with my mom at all.
73. Sometimes I am afraid that I won't be a good mom.
74. My second and third toes are longer than my big toe.
75. I sing the wrong words to "This Little Piggy." (roast beef = bread and water)
76. I'll teach them to my daughter the wrong way too!
77. I moved out of my Dad's house when I was 18.
78. I bought a house when I was 22.
79. I often do things I don't want to, because I don't like telling people "no."
80. I try to always put others first.
81. Sometimes to my detriment.
82. I had to look up "detriment" to make sure I spelled it right.
83. I don't like it when I'm disliked by someone.
84. I often compare myself to other women.
85. I don't know how to really swim. I can tread water to keep myself afloat and swim under water, but not above it.
86. I don't like chunky peanut butter.
87. I like to be different. Like wearing wigs on a regular night out to dinner.
88. I co-own many wigs; Svetlana, Parker, Wynona, Honey, Julie
89. I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember.
90. I try very hard to remember people's names and birthdays.
91. After having Lorelai, I've lost a lot of my memory!
92. I like to shoot guns.
93. I am a secret stalker reader of over 40 blogs (this has no relation to #92)
94. I don't read or watch the news.
95. I wish I had an accent.
96. I believe pretty much everything my Dad says.
97. Most of it isn't true.
98. There are some foods I insist I don't like, but I've never tried.
99. I don't like listening to someone chew ice.
100. I get car sick if I'm not in the driver's seat.

So, that's my list. What about you? No need to do 100 things, but how about five? Give me FIVE things that we might not know about you. Take just a moment out of your busy day for this. It would make MY day!!!