February 9, 2008

Why yes, there IS something you can do....I'm glad you asked.

I know that a lot of you are sitting at home right now wondering..."just what can I do to help out the soldiers in Iraq, rather than sit here and complain about the war like the rest of America?"

Well, I'm really glad you asked.

I have so many friends whose husbands are fighting for us over in Iraq, Afghanistan and other countries I cannot name. Those wives are at home trying to fight the good fight too. One wife, in particular, is doing something that might seem small to us, but is HUGE for the children of Iraq.

Even you can help out with a quick trip to the dollar store!!! Read the email Renee sent to me and if you would like to help out, let me know and I'll be glad to give you the address to send the goods.

One of the many great things that James' company is doing in Iraq. In the midst of chaos, there are so many people being helped in Iraq. It is unfortunate that war highlights the needs of so many people in the world. We have so much here in the Western world, while they have so little. Schools without desks are not a concern for us, we are very fortunate to live in North America. I have made a goal to send 150 notebooks to James' company to distribute to the Iraqi children. It is not much, but I believe that it is the little things that make the biggest difference in this world. If you are interested, please go to the wiki webpage that I have set up to keep track of the number of notebooks that are being sent at: http://notebookstoiraq.wikispaces.com/?responseToken=fd85f8a786efe3f3761004859943fed0

2 comments:

Sarah Rose said...

Okay, so how sweet are you? I can't tell you how much it has meant to find little notes of encouragement. It is just one more way we're seeing God's goodness right now in the midst of sleepless nights! Thank you, thank you, thank you, friend!

Lexie said...

Let me have it! I am off to Walgreens tomorrow and the post office!