So, I guess my thing-a-ma-jig (American Idol radar) isn't working anymore. Chikezie? I knew he would go at sometime, but I think last night was probably too soon. Oh well. As long as Brooke, Carly, David Cook, David Archuleta and Syesha stay around, I'm cool.
Yes, I said I wanted Syesha to stay around. She is an AMAZING singer, but she has taken a while to embrace the performance-level she needs to attain. However, Kristy Lee is blind of the performance-level needed.
Speaking of Syesha, I was surprised she was in the bottom three. Anyone else?
David Archuleta....we need to have a little heart-to-heart. I know you love the songs you're singing. They touch your teen heart. They are written by amazing writers, produced by amazing producers, yada, yada. This is American Idol. Americans want to hear songs they know and love. I think you have sooooo much to offer. You are a terrific singer, humble, have a great attitude, etc. I just want you to go back to the David A. we saw in the beginning who was knocking it out of the park every time. But, you're still a good kid and we love you. Now get your stuff together!!
Well, I suppose I need to update on more than just Idol, huh?
I'll bullet-point these so you can pick and choose what you want to read.
* Lorelai Update - She is walking around like crazy. We're working on walking in a building, but learning how to be okay with holding mom's hand when we leave. It'll be a while before she gets the "cars will run over you" idea. So, a temper tantrum pretty much follows every walk through a building. Currently, as in rightthissecond, she is climbing up on the ottoman and falling off. I choose my battles when it comes to this. Normally, I don't want her to hurt herself if I can prevent it. But, she's learning.
She is also talking up a storm as well. Today, we started going through her A-B-C book and she can repeat at least 10 letters. Her newest words are: two, three (said after I say "one"), tree (pronounced ta-wee), GO! (she says this only to Rusty...guess she really does pay attention to me!), and she "sings" any time music plays. Oh yeah, she also gives high-fives and will shake your hand.
She can point to many body parts; head, nose, ears, teeth, piggies. AND....she just fell off the ottoman face-first. Guess it's nap time.
Lorelai is also going back through ISR again. When she was eight months old, she learned how to hold her breath under water, flip onto her back, float, and breathe until rescue arrives. This go-round, she's pairing that up with learning how to swim under water with her eyes open, flip to float, relax and take a breath, then flip again to swim; repeating that sequence until she either reaches a wall or rescue arrives. Can you believe a 14 month old knows how to SWIM!!!? I know, it's a priceless skill!
* Huse Yo' Mama Update - really...what do you want to know about me? I'm pretty much the same.
I was on tv. Well, not yet, technically. A news crew from Oklahoma came out to film ISR in action. Lorelai was one of their swimmers.
Then, you know how the news lady always goes to pick out the most homely person in the area to get them on camera. Well, yeah, she picked me.
I'll let you know when it airs, because I'm sure it will be stellar programming. I said something very dramatic that is sure to make it to the piece. Y'all will be so impressed.
Other than that, I'm just trying to keep up with my newly toddling toddler, my TiVo'd shows and a few sewing projects on the side.
* Huse Yo' Daddy Update - Well, because I see him for a total of an hour a day, I can say that he is still bald and handsome. He eats the lunches I fix for him, so he should be pretty well fed. And he's getting high 90s on most of his tests recently. The last three weeks, he has had three tests in different classes and done well on all of them. Even aced one. He's taking 31 credit hours this trimester. Did you catch that? They take 31. Credit. Hours. A. Trimester. That's crazy, people.
So, all-in-all, he's doing great!
* Rusty Update - He's still here.
* NC House Update - I don't want to jinx it, but we have a signed contract on the house starting April 1st. For two years. I'm super stoked about that. Let's just hope this one works out. I'm not sure why it has been so hard for us to rent our house. I mean, we're only asking $1,250.....our house is the one right there in the middle.
Or, am I?