December 29, 2006

It's ON like Donkey Kong!!

Okay, so I had my appointment today. I'll spare you the details, but I'm 5 centimeters dilated. The midwife looked shocked and asked me how much pain I was in. I am not in much pain at all...don't get me wrong, I'm uncomfortable through the contractions, but pain - not really. I am thinking that yes, I do have a higher tolerance for pain.

She tried to admit me today, but the labor and delivery staff were aparently "very busy," so she said I might as well go home and labor at home instead of in the hospital. I agreed. Now I can clean the rest of the house before the 'rents get here. JD's mom and dad and my dad are all coming in. I'm very happy about that. This will be my Dad's first grandbaby and he's currently driving 84 miles an hour from St. Louis to get here. Lorelai is going to be SPOILED! :-)

So.... she said that she's on duty Sunday and if I haven't had the baby by then, she wants me to come in at 7:30am and she'll break my water. So, we should be having a 2006 baby!!! Yippee! Lorelai - you're coming out whether you like it or not! :-)

We're excited. It still doesn't feel real yet, but I guess it will soon enough!

I'll try to keep the blog updated in the meantime.

Hope everyone has a terrific New Year and all celebrations are safe and fun!!!

One more thing....Alicia wanted me to post one last belly photo...here's my long-arm attempt, nobody here to take a good one.

12 comments:

AliciaDawn said...

Aww, I got chills when I saw your picture. Your belly is so perfect!!!! I am so excited about this I think I gotta throw up, LOL. Love ya girl! I was so glad to see that you updated!!!

AliciaDawn said...

Oh yeah, give your Dad a big hug from me and tell him I said congrats early!!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you! I LOVE the name. Any background to it, or is it just something you liked? I hope your delivery goes speedy--you're already further along than I was in my first several hours in the hospital on pitocin, so I believe she'll just POP on out and make your lives so much richer than you could ever imagine!
-Andrea

Jo/Mom said...

Oh, Damon just called and I'm up and anxious. Ernie is back asleep...so like a guy!!! Of course, he will be driving this morning and I will be sleeping. Getting ready to see that precious Lorelai!!!!!!!! Go Rachel, go!!!!!!!You are doing GREAT!!!!!!
Love ya,
Jo/Granny

Anonymous said...

Best of luck Rachel and JD. Our prayers are with you and your sweet bundle:) Jon and Julie

Anonymous said...

Good luck sweetie! I should have gotten in the car with your dad to come and see you. I really didn't want to miss out on this one. Oh well, you have some awesome stand ins!!

Anonymous said...

I have a few comments:

1. Your belly really is perfect!
2. Now that I've met Lorelai I can not believe she fit in there. (No wonder you had trouble sleeping, breathing, eating, etc. - she had to have been crammed.)
3. Thanks for taking all your belly photos. I need to see all of them so I can start comparing.
4. YOU ROCK!!! You're my new hero. I really hope I'm as strong as you during my delivery. It was an amazing experience to be a part of so thank you for that opportunity. And, I promise that I'll remind Lorelai when she's 16 with an attitude what you went through to get her into the world.
5. Oh, and JD was an awesome coach. He rocked too!

kel

AliciaDawn said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations Momma~~~ and Daddy!!

Kallie said...

Congratulations JD and Rachel!!!!!WE are so happy and excited for you! I'm glad everything went well! Can't wait to meet her!

Kallie and Mike

Anonymous said...

That is a perfect belly. Now just waiting for the perfect baby pictures.....where are they?

But congrats, I called the number to the hospital where Kelly put but guess your already out of that room, they said NO RACHEL HERE.

Keep us updated.

Rebecca said...

Loved the pictures of Lorelai in the email.. so cute. I love that her little tongue was out.

I think I will start a blog here soon.. since now I have a reason :)

AliciaDawn said...

We want pictures, we want pictures!!! I see you commented on Kelly's blog but you haven't talked to us yet, : (